You have a Shiny new SmartPhone running WP7 (windows phone 8) and wondering if you can transfer your loads of music, videos and other files onto the phone without using Zune software, well you are in luck, we have a little nifty trick which will configure your Windows based PC to connect to your SmartPhone just like USB or Flash Disk, allowing you to transfer all your files ( drag & drop just like in windows explorer).
The trick is pretty simple and involves few registry settings on your Windows PC to be modified, once done your PC will recognize your WP7 smartphone as a USB drive.
How to apply this trick in simple steps :
- Open Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in your start menu
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
- Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB (and not the other ControlSet01 or 02 if you have them) and then search for ZuneDriver
- You will see at least one sub folder under the entry VID_045E&PID_04EC&MI_00. Choose the device folder for which you want this change for.
- Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1 <- this enable Windows Explorer to show the device when plugged in
- Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
- Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1 <- this enables Windows Explorer to detect the device
- Once its done just plug-in your device to your PC and you will be able to see it as regular Flash drive in my computer explorer window.
Simple isn’t it ?
Incoming search terms for the article:
- file transfer to wp7
- transfer wp7 phone pictures to pc without zune
- copy data tanpa zune
- wp7 usb drive
- wp7 8 file transfer
- view files htc wp7
- htc 7 trophy Transfer files from computer to phone software
- how to transfer videos from nokia smartphone to usb
- how to transfer app from pc to windows phone using isilo
- how to share files over wifi in wp7